I forgot to tell you something pretty important.....

I FOUND DARK CHOCOLATE!!!!!! ARGENTINA HAS DARK CHOCOLATE!!!!!! I KNEW they had to have it, but I couldn't find it anywhere! That's because they call it "chocolate amargo" (bitter chocolate). I was calling it by it's literal name "chocolate oscuro" (dark chocolate), but they use this to distinguish between white chocolate and milk chocolate.

So, I found this last Thursday (April 8) at a chocolate festival! I traveled with my tutor, Nadia, and my friend, Cristi, to Villa General Belgrano. This small town was founded by 2 Germans in 1930 and is well known for it's German delicacies like apple strudel and German chocolates. For Easter celebration they had a a festival full of activities from Thursday until Sunday. They had more chocolate than you could possibly think of! Thursday evening, we had the opportunity to watch "Vía Crucis" the Road to Crucifixion acted out by a ballet team. It was amazing!

We arrived about 10:30 am. It was about a 1.5 hour drive from the City of Cordoba. We walked the streets, entered and browsed through shops, bought TONS of chocolate, and spent from about 1pm-6pm on a blanket by a small river. We drank mate, ate more chocolate, crackers, and took cat naps. It was absolutely amazing! It's definitely one of my favorite days spent in Cordoba so far. After about 5.5 hours relaxing by the river, we walked (very,very short distance) back into town. We ate Pizza (mozzarella cheese, onion, oregano) for supper that was grilled over a fire pit (AMAZING)and we were charged for our utensils (even though we didn't use them and ate the pizza with our hands). That was the craziest thing I had ever heard! haha
After dinner, we returned to the main building downtown to watch the ballet team perform. By this time, it was 10:00 pm and the last bus leaving from Villa General Belgrano to the City of Cordoba was leaving at 10:30pm, so we booked it to the Bus terminal and arrived back home about 12:30 am :)
For those of you that know me well...This is MY KIND OF DAY! :)






















P.S. Daddy: I included the picture of the random tree for you. If you look closely, it's FULL of doves ;)

0 comments: