Hola Todos! It's been a while since I've updated. I decided I would write some before bed tonight. I'm SO exhausted! I hope you all enjoyed the pictures of Cordoba! There will be many more to come. I'm not sure what mental pictures you had, but if they were anything similar to mine then you were surprised when you saw pictures! It reminds me of walking out of the airport and seeing Cordoba for the first time and seeing my house and my room for the first time. They are nothing like I had pictured!
So,things here are still amazing! Our schedules are jammed packed for the month of February. I hate to say it, but I'm glad this "intensive" month is almost over. Things will be much more relaxed after March 3! We've taken many tours and excursions around the city and country. We've spent the past 2 Saturdays in the country visiting ranches where the Jesuits once lived. These trips were both interesting, but hard for us to enjoy because we were all preoccupied with taking notes. After both trips, we had to write informative essays on the history of the specific topics.
Last Friday, we had our first exam which went very well.
Tango classes have started. This class is quite humorous. Only a select few students in our group know how to dance, and those are mostly girls. I always enjoy watching the guys dance. I'll have to give them credit because they are honestly trying, but I can't help but laugh when I watch them because of their intense concentration.
Horseback riding has continued. My class was canceled last week due to the rain, so I had riding 2 times this week. Tuesday was my first day, and only my 2nd time on a horse. Whew! What an experience! Horseback riding is much harder than most people think. We spent an hour galloping, trotting, and walking around the arena. I learned that when the horse is galloping or trotting, it's much better and more comfortable to put the weight of your body in your legs. Sadly, I didn't realize this until about 15 minutes before the class was over. Needless to say, I have a black and blue bottom and can barley sit and it hurts pretty bad to walk. All I can do is laugh :) So, despite this problem, I went back today. I couldn't resist, and I'm SO glad I went. We spent the hour in the forest, crossing rivers, roaming and galloping through fields. It was BEAUTIFUL! I LOVED IT! :)
My horses' name is Nacho. She's wonderful. Bless her heart, she wanted to trot/gallop so bad today, but I just couldn't allow it. I think she was frustrated with me.
We've come to the conclusion that our group of students doesn't have very good luck with horses. We have 1 student with major allergic reactions to horses, 1 student with a phobia of horses, and 2 students who've fallen off. I was told by an administrator at the university that our group is the worst of all the past groups when it comes to problems horseback riding. haha :)

Last Thursday, we had our first Bible study with Mr. Mark and Mrs. Karen Alexander. Praise God! What an encouragement! They met us at the school on Thursday after class. We had a prayer walk around the campus in Spanglish (Spanish & English haha). We had such a wonderful time together. We had 5 students attend last week, but we're praying this number will increase! We're planning to continue the study throughout the semester every Thursday afternoon. I'm so thankful unto God for Mr. Mark and Mrs. Karen for their availability and willingness to lead this study. When I first began to pray about having a Bible study, I was only thinking it would be among students at the University. Aren't you glad that the Lord works outside, above, and beyond what we think of or imagine? I never imagined that we would get to study alongside missionaries, but oh how thankful I am! Through interaction with them, we have the opportunity to learn more vocabulary and more about sharing our faith within this new culture. We're all looking forward to what the Lord has in store.

Sunday, the same group of students headed downtown for church (the same church Mr. Mark and Mrs. Karen attend) What a WONDERFUL experience. I LOVED it! Everyone was so welcoming and so happy to have us. I was touched by the time of worship through music and the sermon. There is something special about worshiping the Lord in a different language. I cannot wait for next Sunday. Thank you Lord for providing and blessing me with such an amazing church family.

Tonight during my quiet time, I was challenged with 2 Peter 1:5. I want to share with you some of my thoughts, and ultimately my prayer request.
"For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ"

My faith is more than my belief and trust in the Lord. The Lord doesn't desire for us to simply believe. He wants our beliefs to result in actions. All are a vital part of the Christian life.
I want to know God better. I want to develop perseverance. I want to pursue righteousness and godliness. I want my heart, my thoughts, my attitude, my actions, my words to reflect those of Christ. I want to be kind. And out of the overflow of Christs' love for me, I want to love those around me.
Lord, I want to learn and grow in my faith. Enable me. None of these are possible without your guidance and strength!
I don't want to be ineffective or unproductive. I want to be a light for my family, for this city.
The Lord has given me such a heart and passion for my Argentine family to come to Christ, and I am so grateful. I love this family like my own, and it is soooo hard for me to come to terms with the fact that they aren't believers. My heart literally aches for them. My prayer is that the Lord would use me in a mighty way to draw Jorge, Marcela, Coty, and Guille unto Him.


Love you guys!
Besos from Cordoba,
Hannah

0 comments: